Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Progress - Money - The 300

Matt Thomas is making HUGE gains in his recovery at Project Walk at superhuman speeds (read: Spartan style training). He is transferring himself to a car seat and has moved from using a power wheelchair to using a manual one. These are unbelievable feats for someone with his level of injury, frankly, unheard of. What he is doing is more incredible than 300 Spartans altering the course of history by holding off the Persian Horde at the mountain pass of Thermopylae.




While Matt's battle is truly epic, it is a costly one. He is running out of money and needs us to make an ongoing pledge to support him. If 300 of us brave souls will pledge $20 a month for the next year to Help Hope Live in Honor of Matt Thomas we will help jettison Matt to recovery. So come with me and join the 300! FOR MATT! FOR WALKING! FOR SPARTA! FOR SWAG TO DONORS! (details coming)


If you would like to set up a recurring, tax deductible, donation through Help Hope Live in honor of Matt please click here:

CLICK HERE TO DONATE!!!


If you would like to learn more about Matt's story and make a tax deductible donation click this link:


ABOUT MATT


If you would like more information or if you have any questions please feel free to email mattnevergivesup@gmail.com

Help Hope Live is a nonprofit organization that has been assisting the transplant community for more than 28 years and the catastrophically injured community for more than 13 years. Help Hope Live provides fiscal accountability and donations are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Please consider making a contribution today. All proceeds go to help Matt’s recovery.


Thank you,


Friends of Matty T


Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law. This campaign is administered by the Help Hope Live Fund, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit providing fundraising assistance to transplant and catastrophic injury patients. Information: 800-642-8399.


********************************************************************


I was working on a write up I did a while back about that dreadful first day and was thinking it would be good to take a little glimpse at my progress over the last couple years.  Click HERE if you would like to read about that first day.  I think its good to look back once in a while to see how far I've come and thankfully I've come a long way!  Thanks for your support and encouragement it would be impossible without you!!  Here's a quick review of the last couple years.



3-1/2 years ago - I hiked 11 miles with 100 lbs on my back to go kayaking in the high sierra's.

















2-1/2 years ago - I dislocated C6 in a mountain biking accident, which left me paralyzed from the chest down with very limited use of my arms.  In fact, in this picture I still couldn't move my left arm at all.









 Through the amazing support of my friends and family I kept a smile on my face.  Here my friends broke me out of the hospital for a pizza and beer party in the hospital's parking garage.











June 2010 first day at Project Walk.  Let the pain and hope begin.




 December 2010 - return to Project Walk.   That's 16 pounds.













April 2011 - Made the move to a manual chair.  I now have power assisted wheels that help me out a bit, but its still a work out!!


November 2011 - Putting up 60 lbs, which is a 275% increase!!
















2012??  Anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment