Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November 17, 2009: Hope

I can't believe how fast this year is flying by! I can't believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because its all about food, friends and family.

I had my first therapy session in the pool, which was awesome! It felt so good to be in the water. The therapist put floaty things on me and I was able to propel myself around the pool. I even went completely under a couple of times by request of course. Now I just need to find a pool with a lift and a couple of volunteers and I can go swimming whenever I want. Anyone?

I only have a few therapy sessions left at hospital due to my insurance. So I'm looking into other alternatives. Right now I'm looking into going to Project Walk in Carlsbad, Next Step in Seattle, or Neuro Worx in Utah.

The FES bike is still in the works. I'm also looking into to getting a standing frame and start getting the components for a home work out set up. It turns out that standing and exercising is actually good for you...who knew?

I've been thinking about the word hope a lot lately. A definition I read recently is: hope is to desire with the expectation of obtainment. This resonated with me and so I thought i would share it. Hope gives me the strength to face each day.

Thanks for all the love and support. God knows I need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment