Whether or not you know Matt Thomas, come join us on 20 acres for a riverfront celebration in the State of Jefferson! Live music, dinner, camping, sand volleyball, horseshoes, a great beach, swimming hole, whitewater rafting, and a silent auction. All proceeds will be donated to Matt to help him get additional therapy at Project Walk, equipment to continue therapy at home, and other devices to improve his quality of life. Last y...ear, over 100 people had a blast at the event, so please spread the word to co-workers, friends, and family so we can get a bigger crew this year!
See below for detailed information:
PLEASE RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate if you're rafting or not. As you can imagine, getting food for this event will be challenging if we don't know how many people are coming.
Oh yeah, Matt will actually be there this year!! So please spread the word to anyone who might be interested and let's party!!!
We're looking for volunteers and people to donate time, food, drink, and items for the silent auction. Please check out the facebook page's discussion board:
Or email email@example.com.
When: It starts Saturday afternoon with live music and ends Sunday after some whitewater rafting. Feel free to come camp out Friday or stay till Monday. Just be sure to bring food.
Food: Dinner Saturday night, breakfast Sunday morning, and lunch on Sunday for those that are rafting will be provided.
Cost: Minimum suggested donation of $30 for dinner, live music and breakfast. Minimum $50 donation for rafting, which includes lunch. Sliding scale so if you can't swing that come anyways!!
Where: Paradise Point, CA
Directions to Paradise Point:
1. From the North or South on I-5, go West on Hwy 96 at exit 786. (Near Yreka, CA)
2. Go 60 miles on Hwy 96 to the town of Happy Camp. This is the last remnant of civilization before Paradise Point (Gas, Food, ect.)
3. Continue on Hwy 96 past Happy Camp for about 18 more miles to Paradise Point (very helpful to set your odometer). There will be a small sign on the left and an open yellow gate. Follow the dirt road to the right until you reach the parking area.
4. The turn for Paradise Point is exactly 0.9 miles past 'Coon Creek' River Access. If you get to Dillon Creek Campground you have gone 3 miles to far.
5. If you want to use a google map, Paradise Point usually shows up as Cottage Grove, CA. (Paradise Point sits on the old town of Cottage Grove)
For those who cannot attend but want to donate, you can make a check out to Matt Thomas and send to:
8309 French Creek Rd.
Etna, CA 96027
You can also check out more about Matt at mattnevergivesup.blogspot.
Hope to see all of you there!
I'm over half way through my stint at Project Walk! I continue to get stronger each day. It's a lot of hard work, but I absolutely love it!! Even though I don't have any new sensation I can feel muscles starting work in my core, which has been very encouraging! Making friends with some crazy canadians and some aussies so the social scene is getting a little better, but I miss all my buddies up north! Got to go surfing with Wheels2water.org. It was so much fun and it felt amazing to be in the water!! Check out the pictures:
"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." -Confucious
July 9th was exactly one year and my progress has been painfully slow, but at least there's progress! It has been one heck of a year! I'm thankful for my friends and family because without them I wouldn't have made it this far!