Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday, August 21, 2009 Update:

The big movie premiere is tonight in Mt. Shasta, Matt is going to be there, he has transportation in place and even a back up transportation plan. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers for safe travel from Oregon to California.

Thursday, August 20, 2009 Update:
Sorry for the lack of updates this week. Several of us have been busy getting the new house ready for Matt and his parents. We anticipate they will move in on Sunday. Finally, they can say goodbye to the sad little dungeon @ Providence House. Yeah!!

THE FOLLOWING IS A MESSAGE FROM MATT:
Hello everyone. Yesterday, in therapy, I stood up for the 1st time using a crazy sling and brace contraption. The sling holds me up and leg braces keep my knees from buckling under my body weight. I was able to hold 90% of my body weight. The therapists say this is a great start and I was able to do more than what most people can do their first time in this sling. Now, I want to be clear that this does not mean that I have strength or feeling in my legs. However, I am doing new cool stuff, like the standing sling, in therapy and this has been encouraging.

With the help of a wheelchair taxi van, I checked out the new house the other night and it is going to be a million times better than the closet I'm currently living in. It’s bright, open, spacious, and has a spectacular view. I'll miss the parking garage parties, but I think I'll manage ;) And I look forward to having space for friends and family to visit and take in the scenery with me.

I want to send huge thanks to the super motivated work crew that worked very hard to make the new place very homey and inviting! You guys ROCK!!! Now I don't have to live in a van down by the river. ;)

REMINDER!!! This Friday night, the Shasta Boyz will premiere their new kayaking movie as a benefit for yours truly. It starts at 7 at Mt. Shasta City Park. Let's get a HUGE crowd there. I'm going and I'm paralyzed. So what's your excuse? :) That’s what I thought…see you there!

Here is the site to see more about the event:
http://sbollock.blogspot.com/

Also, please check out the ad on Craigslist re: my truck for sale….
http://medford.craigslist.org/cto/1326796597.html

Also, a great big thanks to the folks in Scott Valley for meeting this week and organizing a great event fundraiser for me that will take place in September.

….Thomas out!

No comments:

Post a Comment